"They didn't break the mould when they made Dave Hill. There was no mould, just God poking at putty flesh till he had created one of the funniest, craziest, visionaries, it will ever be your pleasure to encounter.” - Graham Norton
Comedian, writer and musician Dave Hill’s Tasteful Nudes… and Other Misguided Attempts at Personal Growth and Validation goes on sale on 22nd October 2012. The book is a collection of essays of Dave’s experiences and he hopes that maybe, like he did, you could take away some life lessons from them.
His collection of mind-blowing (and mildly superlative) essays recollect real life experiences of a grown man who hasn’t borrowed money from any of his family members in a seriously long time. Some of these experiences include:
- How Dave accidentally arranged a lunch date with a high-end prostitute or became an unwitting accomplice to the theft of three hundred pounds of meat
- The highs (and mostly lows) of coming to a party dressed as Santa Claus
- What it’s really like to live in the Hotel Chelsea
- How to rock
- The life changing experience of losing your innocence to a Japanese toilet
- How not saying “no” can lead to a very awkward afternoon listening to Maureen McGovern with a priest and your parents and your mum’s friends
Nearly every page is packed with red-hot action, startling emotion and borderline futuristic insights all delivered in scorching and largely grammatically correct verse. Let’s face it, Dave wrote this book mainly to make people laugh and maybe touch a few hearts. And if it ends up leading to sex for him, well that’s just a bonus.
But, who the hell is DAVE HILL??
Dave Hill is a comedian, writer, musician, and man-about-town originally from Cleveland but now living in New York City in an apartment all by himself because he is a grown man. He has written for The New York Times, Salon, The Huffington Post, NY Daily News, Guitar World and a bunch of other people, too. He is a regular contributor to public radio’s This American Life and has also appeared on Comedy Central, BBC America, MTV, and Adult Swim and is a regular host on HBO and Cinemax. Dave stages his own chat variety show, The Dave Hill Explosion, at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatres in New York and Los Angeles, and also in London, wherever it is tolerated. Dave plays in several rock bands including Diamondsnake with Moby and Rival Schools’ Walter Schreifels. Dave also smells really nice - ask anyone.