"... Kid Cupid find something new to bring to the table, offering an urgency and authenticity that are bound to get them noticed."
- The Line Of Best Fit
Following the success of last year’s single Easy, London-based Kid Cupid have now released their debut EP Unholy Ceremony. Based around conversations you’d have with a friend in pain, the EP is filled with everything you’d want to say to them during a time of need. Oozing a blissful, impassioned splendour and propelled by the silky smooth, soulful vocals of Laura Shaw, it's a perfectly uplifting summer soundtrack with shades of the likes of Låpsley or Little Dragon.
• Lead single Better premiered exclusively on The Line Of Best Fit.
• Kid Cupid have previously wowed crowds headlining shows at The Garage, Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen and Proud Camden, to name a few.
• They have also received acclaim from the likes of Substream Magazine, Impose Magazine and M Magazine, to name a few.
• Unholy Ceremony is out now.
"... entirely unexpected but easy to become engrossed by."
"... joyously breathtaking..."
- The Line Of Best Fit
Taken from Catgod's forthcoming EP Heartbeat In My Hand, Keep My Promises is a spellbinding fusion of sounds. Interweaving swirling folk-tinged melodies with trip-hop-inspired beats, Robin’s soaring vocals are perfectly complemented by Cat’s exquisite harmonies. Showcasing the band’s unique musicality, it’s an epic soundscape that’ll captivate on first listen.
• Keep My Promises exclusively premiered on Clash.
• Oxford band Catgod have charmed crowds at Truck Festival, O2 Academy Oxford and many Sofar Sounds showcases. They have also received acclaim from the likes of The Line Of Best Fit and both Lauren Laverne and Tom Robinson on BBC 6 Music.
• Keep My Promises is taken from the upcoming EP Heartbeat In My Hand, out on 22nd June 2018.
"... mixes the delicate storytelling of Vance Joy or Bon Iver with the warm electronics of Lauv"
- Substream Magazine
Written as an ode to a friend whose marriage was breaking down, I Don’t Mind highlights the importance of friendship at hard times and the need to open up. Filled with sweeping melodies and Aaron Ward’s emotive, colloquial vocals, I Don’t Mind fuses together a gentle, folk-tinged musicality with glitchy electronic hooks to create an impassioned ballad.
Don't mind if I do...
• I Don't Mind premiered exclusively on Substream Magazine.
• Aaron is no stranger to the music industry, as guitarist/vocalist in the band Maven Fiction he’s previously received acclaim from NME and BBC Introducing, and has played support slots with the likes of Everything Everything, Futureheads and Twin Atlantic.
• His first solo venture, I Don't Mind is produced by Ross Hamilton (Bad Mannequins) and Michael Bannister (KVASIR).