Geek Of The Year
OnlinePrintIn November 2010, www.geeks.co.uk asked us to event manage the first annual Geek of the Year event. This casual, friendly and quirky awards ceremony was to celebrate what it meant to be a “geek” in the 21st Century. The event was held at The Underbelly in Hoxton with a panel of judges in place to crown the first Geek of the Year 2010 - one such judge being The Inbetweeners’ writer Iain Morris.
The evening featured stand up comedy from Tiffany Stevenson, Adam Bloom and Carl Donnely with music was provided by ABoF’s very own Ex Libras. The evening ended with a DJ set from awards circuit DJs Pipe N’ Slippers.
The evening was a success with a whole stack of brilliant comments on the night. Comedian Adam Bloom mentioned it was one of his “best shows ever”, whilst Geeks’ Editor Ally Millar gave a glowing review:
"Their attention to the finite, and the fundamental, details of planning during the Geek of the Year event ensured we had the awards show that we wanted from the outset."
ABoF provided the following services:
- Organised and liaised with the venue.
- Organised the evening’s entertainment.
- Managed the guestlist.
- Managed the budget.
- Managed the door, liaised with guests and ensured the smooth running of the evening.
- Coordinated the filming of the event.
Online PR services
- Researched “geeky” bloggers, websites and freelancers.
- Managed the invites and press mailouts.
- Managed Geek of the Year’s social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter).
- Liaised with online press, set up interviews with the comedians and Geeks Editor Ally Millar.
All images used with permission from Adi Wickramaratne.
If you have an event you would like to discuss with us, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.