"...beautifully sculpted vignettes with a cinematic sheen."- Clash
"...they’ve mastered a beautifully haunting sound..."- M Magazine
Long-Distance have shared the simple yet heartwarming new video for their single Be a Man. Lead singer Scott Gibbins explains “Be a Man is about dealing with grief and trying to fill those shoes as a family unit. It is also a thank you to my mother, for helping me learn how to support her now her husband is gone.” All profits from this single will be given to the Simon Community Scotland charity.
Going the Distance...
• The video for Be a Man premiered exclusively on Clash.
•The audio for Be a Man originally premiered on PRS For Music's M Magazine.
• Long-Distance will be on tour supporting Larkins and Noah Noah on 14th April 2018 at Broadcast, Glasgow - Tickets.
"Effortless acoustic songwriting..."- Clash
"Moult tackles all of this with his trademark assuredness of touch, the beautiful guitar playing matched with touching vocals."- For Folk's Sake
Cardiff-based songwriter Ivan Moult has now shared the latest single to be taken from his new album Longest Shadow. Carried Over Water tackles the difficulties of being in a long distance relationship, all the while combining Moult’s beautifully natural vibrato and cinematic musicality to create something akin to that of Nick Drake or Jeff Buckley.
Getting carried away...
• The video premiered exclusively on Clash.
•The single originally premiered on For Folk's Sake.
• Stream Longest Shadow on Spotify and Apple Music now. Also available to buy.
• Moult also recently shared a live performance of his album track Fool On The Floor.
• Moult has previously received praise from the likes of Folk Radio UK, BBC 6Music’s Tom Robinson and BBC Radio Wales.
• Moult has also supported acclaimed artists such as Willy Mason and This Is The Kit and will be playing a number of UK shows and festivals over the coming months.
"...an immersive experience, inbued with honesty and enthused with youthful exuberance. We love it."- Wonderland
"...she is able to conjure a swell of overwhelming feeling with little more than just her voice and the resonant constant of an accompanying guitar."- The Line of Best Fit
Small Talk is an incredibly honest and vulnerable song that channels the dark, brooding musicality of the likes of Daughter effortlessly. It was written during a storm black out in Maria Kelly’s hometown. The song parallels the nature of a storm with feelings of social anxiety. Maria elaborates “I found it so difficult to make eye contact with anyone and I was painfully aware of myself. Halfway through the writing process, I decided to reach out to my Instagram following for inspiration. The amount of messages I received was overwhelming. It made me realise how effective it can be to actually ask about people’s experiences of these issues.”
• Small Talk premiered exclusively on The Line of Best Fit. It is part of a AA-side, with Dark Places to be released next month.
•Catch Maria Kelly live at her vinyl launch show on 25th April 2018 at The Workman's Club, Dublin - Tickets.
• Kelly has previously supported the likes of James Vincent McMorrow, KT Tunstall and Paul Noonan.
• Kelly has received praise from various online publications including Consequence of Sound, Earmilk, Wonderland, Mahogany, The Line of Best Fit and Radio X.
"... a dreamy experience, a departure but also an expansion
for a very exciting new band."
HAWK have now shared the celestial video for their latest single Keeps Me Out, directed by James Byrne. It’s another exquisite creation from the forward-thinking band, which sees front-woman Julie Hawk combine an elemental colour scheme with digital neon lighting. The video premiered exclusively on Earmilk.
• Keeps Me Out originally premiered on The Line Of Best Fit.
• HAWK will be playing at Liverpool Sound City on 5th May 2018 in association with The Local.
• HAWK have previously received support from Noisey, Stereogum, Wonderland, DIY and Team Rock to name but a few.
• In addition to their musical endeavours, front woman Julie is also a skilled illustrator and last year launched her project Female Fronted Drawn Together.
"The music is tense, immersive, and visceral, fusing elements of folk, jazz, and synth-pop into dream-like trips."- XLR8R
"...captivating minimalist pop..."- The Line of Best Fit
"...layered, intricate, crystal clear pop variations."- Earmilk
Canadian artist Hannah Epperson has now shared a beautifully poignant video for her single 20 / 20 (Amelia). The video was co-directed by Epperson and Jake Saner, with a narrative that follows two protagonists through a series of engrossing scenes. Hannah's music sits comfortably somewhere between the inventive sounds of Julia Holter and Sylvan Esso, with Hannah all the while maintaining her own unique and immersive sound.
More ethereal goodness...
• The video premiered exclusively on XLR8R.
• Epperson recently supported RY X at his sold out show at Shoreditch Town Hall.
• She will also be playing Servant Jazz Quarters on 10th April 2018 - Tickets
• On Slowdown, there are two distinct versions of each piece – one extremely reduced and minimalist (Iris), the other a crystal clear pop interpretation (Amelia)
• Hannah has already received praise from the likes of Earmilk, The Line of Best Fit and Bandcamp Daily to name but a few.