"......inbued with honesty and enthused with youthful exuberance. We love it." - Wonderland
"......silky smooth vocals that spin widely relatable tales." - Consequence of Sound
For Fans of...Daughter, Lucy Rose, Fenne Lily
Maria Kelly continues to tackle mental health head-on with her latest poignant release, Dark Places. The single is a very literal look at depression, of not recognising yourself, distancing yourself from others and convincing yourself that they don’t really care. “Although its lyrical content is quite dismal, writing Dark Places was incredibly therapeutic for me,” explains Maria. “It was important for me to really look at that side of myself and to not shy away from it. By acknowledging and talking about it, it became a tangible thing that I could attempt to deal with, rather than feeling trapped in my head.”
Not so dark places...
• Dark Places premiered exclusively on Nialler9.
• It is part of a AA-side single, along with Small Talk, which premiered on The Line of Best Fit.
• Check out Maria Kelly performing Small Talk live at Dlight Studios.
• Catch Kelly live at her vinyl launch show on 25th April 2018 at The Workman's Club, Dublin - Tickets
• Kelly has previously supported the likes of James Vincent McMorrow, KT Tunstall and Paul Noonan.