"...irresistible and seductive, but also playful."
"...proving to be a real force with her experimental twists and turns..."
- The Line of Best Fit
Welsh artist Greta Isaac makes her 2018 debut with yet another highly addictive new single. Propelled by throbbing beats, Undone is a superbly crafted slice of glitchy electro-pop from this innovative new artist. Isaac elaborates "the single is an ode to our ego and the embodiment of narcissism and possessiveness when it comes to love and relationship. Essentially, a narcissist's paradise.”
Not done yet...
• Undone premiered exclusively on Earmilk.
• It is also included in this week's UK & US New Music Friday playlist on Spotify.
• Greta Isaac has gained attention from the likes of BBC Radio 1’s Huw Stephens, The Line Of Best Fit, London In Stereo and Mahogany to name a few.
"... one serious, unapologetic classic rock anthem."
- The Vinyl District
For Fans of... Pearl Jam, Queens of The Stone Age, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains
Written in the perspective of people walking throughout their life towards a destination that, from afar, appears to be going nowhere, Desert Clouds' Under Tons builds from a psychedelic blues/folk feel into a full-frontal classic rock anthem. As the grunge-tinged guitars reach full throttle, so do the pulsating drum beats to create a sound akin to that of Queens of the Stone Age or Alice In Chains.
Tonnes of sound...
• Under Tons premiered exclusively on The Vinyl District.
• Initially founded in London in 2008 by David Land and Val Wallace, Desert Clouds have previously received acclaim for albums The Floating Oar in 2015, and Time Distortions in 2017.
• Under Tons was produced at Mix Room Studio.
"...They utilise bright intersections of upbeat melodies to gloriously uplifting effect."
- The Line Of Best Fit
"... filled with bolshy energy…"
For Fans of...FIDLAR, Twin Peaks, TRAAMS, Dune Rats
Animal House are back with another garage-pop humdinger you definitely haven’t heard before. Their shiny new single, No Mamma, is out now. It is not lost on the boys that they are comprised of five straight, white males who play a genre of music that is nothing new. They do, however, write a large quantity of what they are calling Premium Mediocre songs; a whole new range of deluxe, home brand, high quality, low-budget ear worms. Forget Tesco Value, forget Sainsbury's Basics, Premium Mediocre is your new family fave.
• No Mamma exclusively premiered on The Line Of Best Fit.
• The single is the first off their latest project Premium Mediocre, which will consist of 24 songs released fortnightly for a year.
• Animal House have previously picked up support from BBC Radio 1’s Annie Mac, BBC 6 Music’s Steve Lamacq and Shaun Keaveny, as well as NME, DIY and Clash.
• They have also previously supported Courtney Barnett, The Wedding Present, The Preatures, Surfer Blood and Drenge to name a few.
"...imbued with honesty and enthused with youthful exuberance. We love it."
"...a powerful exploration of mental health, captured stunningly…"
For Fans of...Daughter, Lucy Rose, Fenne Lily
Maria Kelly has now shared the stunning video for her latest release, Dark Places. Directed by Maria herself, she explains "the song itself is a very literal description of what it feels like to be depressed. I wanted a visual that was as equally to the point. I had this whole timeline in my head, of coming home from a night out and suddenly realising you were alone with your thoughts again. I storyboarded the whole thing and we filmed it over two days in Berlin. The guys at Roughcast took it and ran with it - they were really incredible to work with and understood exactly what I was trying to get across. I hope it resonates."
• The video for Dark Places premiered exclusively on GoldenPlec .
• The single originally premiered on Nialler9.
• It is part of a AA-side single, along with Small Talk, which premiered on The Line Of Best Fit.
• Dark Places / Small Talk is now available to buy on vinyl.
"Real Damn Slow' is part of this project, hinging on that seductive, razor-sharp guitar riff and his taut vocals...."
"… a master of tearful ballads, singalong anthems, banging bits of wood together, and much more..…"
- The Guardian
For Fans of...Benjamin Booker, Aqualung, Tom Waits
Multi-instrumentalist David Ford has shared another blues-infused anthem, taken from his forthcoming album Animal Spirits, out 11th May 2018 via AntiFragile Music. Tackling the subject of economics, Real Damn Slow harks back to that traditional blues feel. It oozes with attitude and impressive splashes of harmonica creep in throughout to make it truly a cut above the rest.
Not so fast....
• Real Damn Slow premiered exclusively on Clash.
• Ford has supported the likes of Elvis Costello, Ray Lamontague and Aqualung.
• With five critically acclaimed solo albums already under his belt, Animal Spirits is Ford’s first to be recorded in the US and was produced by James Brown (Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Interpol).
• Ford has received praised from the likes of The Guardian, The Times and The Sunday Times as well as winning France’s Victoires de la Musique award for ‘Original Song of The Year’ in 2014.